Wednesday, March 6, 2013

3 Art Pieces (6th Week of Mar 4)

This week I decided to focus on outdoor sculpture design.  I personally find sculpture challenging when creating it myself because I feel as if my creations are more pieces of craft, rather than works of art.  While I do not practice sculpture myself, I still have a great appreciation for it, and I like admiring different types, such as marble portraits or abstract metal structures.  I may not be able to create sculpture and understand it, but I can recognize aesthetics and appreciate as such.

Jonathon Borofsky, Walking to the Sky, stainless steel.  Pittsburgh, USA, 2006.

Full view
Detail

Kader Attia, Reflective Tombstones, glass mirrors. 2013.

Full View
Detail

Philip Haas, The Four Seasons, natural materials. New York, USA, 2013.

Full View
Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment